Tuesday, April 3, 2012

365 Cards Day 31 ~ Stampin Saturday


Stamp a background on your card - using any stamp you'd like - but it must be made up of three different colors.  It doesn't have to be fancy or have a dramatic color scheme to meet the requirements.

I do not have a good collection of stamps just yet.  So I decided to do reverse stamping (or relief art) by shading paper on slate with color pencils.  Nature slate (tiles) are really beautiful pieces of art by nature.  Each piece is unique by itself, the surface, the grains, the lines, the colors.  Here I used light green, light blue and purple to pick up the beautiful lines.

Because the print was so beautiful, I had to cut the paper where the lines came out best.  For the message, I cut out a blue piece of paper with scallop scissors, stamped in the sentiment and inked the edges.  Then I smudged the sides with chalk.

Added the 3 colored hearts to complete the card.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment, thank you.