Friday, September 21, 2012

365 Cards Day 203 ~ It's What on the Inside


This was an interesting card to make.  I kind of struggled with it initially, made some mistakes and was forced to abandon the first effort.  I had wanted to make a black and white card (black on the outside, with a circle cut out, white on the inside, with scalloped circle to form a flower) but it did not turn out as what I had planned (mistake in stamping a wreath in white on black background which was ruined).

The mistake turned out to be a blessing in disguise
when I made the necessary changes to my initial idea.
I used Spellbinders Scalloped Circle to make a window in the red card.
The patterned paper is Echo Park Everyday Eclectic, cut out twice,
the inner inside the card, the outer ring outside the card.
Likewise, the inside of the card is the opposite of the outside.
The patterned papers had to be carefully cut and positioned in the exact same order.
It is a bright red CAS birthday card for a lucky one.

the card on the outside
the card on the inside

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment, thank you.