Monday, September 10, 2012

Taking a Break from Cards to Read

I am taking a short break from card challenges and making cards to read some books I got from a recent book sale (Paulo Coelho's The Pilgrimage, The Valkyries and Aleph).  I have finished reading the first two and am now reading Aleph.  I must say, he is not the best writer but he has a way to get readers hooked, particularly those in search of some meaning in their lives.

I have read his other books a couple of years back (books borrowed from the local library), but those novels did not have the same effect on me as these "biographic" books.

After reading his biography, A Warrior's Life by Fernando Morais and re-reading The Alchemist, I was compelled to read his other books.  His books are "readable", easy to understand, no convoluted texts that you need to read over.  Has any of you read his books?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your comment, thank you.