Saturday, September 22, 2012

Congratulations ~ MOJO259 with 365-205 Colors

I almost missed this week's Mojo Monday Challenge MOJO259
because I did not see the blog posting on Tuesday.
Fortunately I realised it this afternoon and quickly looked it up.
I used 365 Cards Day 205 Color Scheme on this parchment card.
 

When I saw the sketch, I immediately thought of a rainbow.
So I turned the sketch to landscape with the arch on top like a bridge.
The dark grey, green and camel cream papers are from DCWV Cardstock stack.
The light grey "mound" is cut from a Maya Road half circle chipboard.
The Spellbinders Butterfly is cut off from a shoe box I recycled a while back.
Positioned pearls (2 sizes) over the arch and on the butterfly.
The sentiment "Congratulations" is from Hero Arts Everyday Messages.
Left the rest of the card clean and clear.

earlier card
Not feeling too happy about the card which does not stand out on parchment paper,
I decided to tweak the card to make the contents stand out better.
Layered a white parchment paper on grey DCWV cardstock.
The white card is embossed with Sizzix Polka Dot embossing folder
while the green labels are the reverse of Cuttlebug's Swiss Dots.

amended card

1 comment:

  1. hi, your card is adorable...I luv the texture and butterfly...so glad you played along with us at Mojo Monday! I fixed your photo, you are now #174....thanks!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment, thank you.