Thursday, September 6, 2012

Sympathy Card in Black, White and Brown

It is not often that someone I know personally passes on,
but a friend lost her beloved father-in-law recently.
This CAS card was made for her and her family in mind
for she is not alone in mourning.
Leena, this is for you.


The birds are cut using Spellbinders Bird Sanctuary,
black bird on stamped black branch,
and 3 brown birds walking in sync to show support.
In Sympathy sentiment is Kaiser Rub On.
This card is submitted for:-
My Time To Craft Challenge #187 ~ Black, White and One Other Color

I am aware that the challenge by Clear It Out called for dark papers, but I chose to use white because in the East, white is the color for purity and used in memorials, burials and funerals, as with the West, I believe.

9 comments:

  1. Your card is beautiful, Caroline. It will truly touch your friend's heart that you cared enough to make it for her.
    Thank you so much for joining us at Clear It Out challenges. We look forward to seeing you again.
    Huggies ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful creation, I'm sure your friend will treasure it & welcome your support!

    Thank you for sharing with us at My Time To Craft this week, good luck!
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card, thank you for taking part in the challenge, good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so simple and elegant! LOVE your birds--what fabulous images! I'd really love it if you could join me at Technique Tuesday--I'd love to see your creation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, so elegant.

    Happy crafting, Lorry :o) xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful card, I am sure your friend will find plenty of comforting with friends like you.
    Thanks for joining us at my Time To Craft.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely creation, thanks for joining us at Clear it Our for the Sympathy challenge

    ReplyDelete
  8. I adore the simplicity - a lovey creation :) It's wonderful to have you join us at Clear It Out!

    I welcome you to join me for the Anything Goes challenge here:
    http://pinandtack.blogspot.com/2012/09/spark-your-creativity-now-challenge-1.html

    Lots of joy,
    Corrinne

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the message of your card, the symbolism speaks volumes. I sure your friend will appreciate it. Ps-your bird is black so I'd count that for our challenge ;)
    Thanks for playing along at the Clear it Out Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment, thank you.