Thursday, March 29, 2012

365 Cards Day 28 ~ Let's Go Fly a Kite

I love flying kites with my sons.  We have collected quite a few, including three Angry Birds, a gift from my brother-in-law, Staffan.  We would love to fly kites more often but we have to travel away from the city to catch the wind in large open parks.

The kite I made is by layering pieces of paper to form the kite shape, straight cut for the front, zigzag for the back, with tails.  The layout is from http://freshlymadesketches.blogspot.com/ Sketch #28-A Sketch by Lesley (FMS28).  Used a remnant piece of the same paper I have been using for the last 3 challenges (cos it's so pretty) on the left side of a lilac card, glued the kite in place, and placed 3 roses to complete the card (sketch).

I think we are set for a breezy spring day.
Freshly Made Sketches (FMS28)

This card is also submitted to http://papersundaes.blogspot.com/2012/03/paper-sundaes-challenge-113-spring.html.

3 comments:

  1. Wow ... this is terrific, I love your kite, the papers are so pretty, the edging is great and the gorgeous roses add the perfect embellishments!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your roses! I am so doomed if my son sees Angry Bird kites! He will have to have them all! Thanks for playing with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty card. Love the colors! Thanks for playing with Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave your comment, thank you.